Do you want to find out more about your local union's finances?
You can find out how much your local spent on salaries, benefits, and representation last year by looking at its LM-2 report at the Department of Labor website.
What is an LM-2? An LM-2 is a form that most unions file with the Department of Labor each year that gives a breakdown of the organization’s finances. It can show you how much your local officers get paid, how your local is spending its money, and more.
IBT locals made up of public employees do not file an LM-2, but they do file IRS Form 990, so the information below does not apply to those locals. For help getting a copy of your local’s Form 990, please contact TDU.
Want to take a look at your local’s LM-2?
1. On the web, go to https://olms.dol-esa.gov/query/getOrgQry.do
2. Under Union Abbreviation, select IBT-Teamsters.
Rail Teamsters should select BLE-Locomotive Engineers IBT, or BMWE Maintenance of Way EMPLS IBT. GCC Teamsters should select GCIU-Graphic Communications IBT.
3. Under Designation Number, put your local union number and click submit.
4. In a few seconds, a link to the most recent LM-2 will appear. To read that LM-2, click on 2016 Report. (To find LM-2s from previous years, click on your local’s name instead, then click on the report from the year you want information about).
5. To find officer salaries, scroll down to Schedule 11.
6. To find employee salaries, scroll down to Schedule 12.
Note: To find the International’s information, go to the website above and under file number, enter 000093, and then click Submit. If you enter the file number, there’s no need to enter a Union Abbreviation or Designation Number.
If you have any questions or need help getting an LM-2, please call the TDU National Office at 313-842-2600, or click here to ask a question or send us a message.