November 4, 2004: TDU members at our organization’s convention took time to do a little campaigning and to elect the TDU International Steering Committee (ISC) for the coming year. The committee has 15 members and three alternates. Six of them will be new to the ISC.
The new brothers and sisters represent the strengths and diversity of the Teamster reform movement. Joining the ISC will be:
- Richard Berg, a hospital worker in Chicago Local 743, who has served as a steward and business agent and is currently running for president of his local;
- Dianne Bolton, the president of Seattle Local 174, a Teamster reform leader and a UPS feeder driver;
- Gil Clark, a steward in St. Louis Local 688—St. Louis will be hosting our TDU Convention next year;
- Toni Jackson, an inside worker at UPS in Memphis Local 667 and a relatively new reform activist;
- Bob McNattin, a ready-mix driver in Minneapolis Local 120, who helped spearhead a successful contract campaign of Minnesota ready-mix drivers;
- Sam Putinja, a steward at Purolator in Toronto Local 938, who helped the reform movement carry that large local by a 2-1 margin in the last IBT election.