Hoffa’s PR Department is celebrating April Fools Day early with a press release celebrating Hoffa’s “20 years of Building Teamster Power.”
Today is the 20th anniversary of Junior Hoffa’s inauguration. But even his PR flacks struggled to find anything to spin.
The most recent accomplishment they could come up with was "The Battle of Seattle" which was in 1999! (It was also led on the ground by a local under TDU leadership!)
Here's what you won't find mentioned in Hoffa's self-congratulatory ode to himself about his 20 years of building "Teamster Power":
- The 400,000+ Teamsters at risk of losing their pensions in the Central States and other funds.
- The disintegration of the National Master Freight Agreement on his watch and the ten years of givebacks at YRC.
- Historic concessions and contract rejections at UPS and carhaul, including the 87% No Vote against carhaul givebacks by Hoffa’s heir apparent Kevin Moore.
- How Hoffa imposed contracts that UPSers Voted No to reject.
- Corruption scandals and Hoffa running mates and appointees booted for corruption like Billy Hogan, Rome Aloise, John Coli, John Perry, or how Hoffa’s anti-corruption czar resigned, saying “The problem is Hoffa.”
Hoffa never built power. At one time, he built PR, but judging by today’s word salad, those days are over too.
The 2021 election can't come soon enough. But it will take an organized rank and file to win the changes we need to build REAL Teamster Power.
That’s what TDU stands for. Where do you stand?