UPS Teamsters are proud to be stepping up for our customers and our communities during this crisis. We need management to step up too. UPSers are speaking out and demanding the company protect workers and the public from COVID-19.
Every day, UPS is violating CDC and OSHA guidelines for preventing the spread of COVID-19:
OSHA and the CDC say employers should:
- Do frequent cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces and equipment
- Provide hand sanitizer if bathrooms aren’t immediately available
- Increase the physical distance among employees
- Provide Personal Protective Equipment, including gloves, face masks, and respiratory protection, when appropriate
- Have a clear policy on reporting COVID-19 exposure to the workforce
We are breaking the Brownout and putting pressure on UPS to address member's concerns. An NBC report exposed the gap between the company’s spin and the conditions we face every day.
NBC reports that our UPS Teamsters United petition helped win two weeks (10 days) of paid leave after management initially said employees affected by COVID-19 would have to take unpaid leave.
Now, UPSers are speaking out to demand immediate company action to protect the health and safety of UPS Teamsters and the public.