Teamsters for a Democratic Union (TDU) is a grassroots movement of rank and file Teamsters working to reform our union based on a vision of democratic participation and social justice.
We are currently seeking an energetic, committed person to work on communications and organizing projects out of our New York or Detroit office. This is a full-time position.
- Organizing Assist staff organizers with meetings and organizing campaigns including a campaign to elect new leadership in the 2016 International Union election.
- Communications: Assist with development and design of leaflets, websites, and online organizing campaigns.
- Events: Assist with organizing TDU meetings, educational workshops, regional TDU conferences and the national TDU Convention.
- Commitment to building a progressive labor movement
- Previous organizing experience
- Strong computer skills. (Desktop publishing, website management and online organizing skills a plus.)
- Willingness to work hard in a cooperative style
- Women and people of color encouraged to apply
- Spanish fluency a plus
- Salary range up to $38,500 depending on experience
- Health insurance
- Generous paid vacation
Interested applicants should forward a resume with cover letter and references to:
P.O. Box 10128
Detroit, MI 48210