Job Opening: Organizer, Teamsters for a Democratic Union (TDU)
Teamsters for a Democratic Union (TDU) is a grassroots movement of Teamster members working to reform our union based on a vision of democratic participation and social justice.
In 2016, the reform candidate for General President won the majority of the vote in the U.S. TDU is building a movement to finish the job. This success was built on years of grassroots organizing against givebacks and declining union power.
Our movement is on the rise and looking to grow. We are organizing national grassroots contract campaigns, helping reformers run for local union office, and recruiting and training grassroots organizers and leaders. We are seeking an energetic and committed person to work full-time based out of our New York or Detroit office.
Click here to download a PDF of this job posting.
- Work on TDU organizing campaigns to fight givebacks, take on corruption, develop activist leaders, build grassroots organization, help reformers run for local union office, and spread the reform movement.
- Organize TDU meetings, educational workshops and trainings, regional TDU conferences and the national TDU Convention.
- Previous organizing experience.
- Commitment to building a progressive labor movement.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills. (Desktop publishing, website management and online organizing skills a plus.)
- Willingness to work hard in a cooperative style.
- Ability to organize with workers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance.
- Generous paid vacation.
Send resume and a cover letter to email@example.com