Job Opening: Teamsters for a Democratic Union (TDU)
Teamsters for a Democratic Union (TDU) is a grassroots movement of Teamster members working to reform our union based on a vision of democratic participation and social justice.
In 2016, the reform candidate for General President won the majority of the vote in the U.S. Last year, TDU mobilized grassroots campaigns in contracts covering more than 300,000 workers. This success was built on years of grassroots organizing against givebacks and declining union power.
Our movement is on the rise and looking to grow. We are organizing national grassroots contract campaigns, helping reformers run for local union office, recruiting and training grassroots organizers and leaders, and preparing for the 2021 International Union Election. We are seeking energetic and committed people to work full-time based out of our New York office.
Work on TDU organizing campaigns, develop activist leaders, build grassroots organization, help reformers run for local union office and in the IBT election in 2021, and spread the reform movement.
Organize TDU meetings, educational workshops and trainings, regional TDU conferences and the national TDU Convention.
- Previous organizing experience.
- Commitment to building a progressive labor movement.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills. (Desktop publishing, website management and online organizing skills a plus.)
- Willingness to work hard in a cooperative style.
- Ability to organize with workers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance.
- Generous paid vacation.
Send resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.