Teamsters for a Democratic Union (TDU) is a grassroots movement of Teamster members working to reform our union based on a vision of democratic participation and social justice.
In the last International Union election, TDU-backed candidates won 49 percent of the vote. In 2018, TDU's rank and file campaign united the majority of 300,000 UPS workers to reject a concessionary contract negotiated by the International Union.
Our movement is on the rise. We are organizing to help reformers run for local office, recruiting and training grassroots activists, holding educational workshops, and preparing for the 2021 Teamster election and the subsequent UPS contract.
We are seeking an organizer to work out of our New York office on ongoing campaigns to transform our union. This is a full-time position.
- Work on TDU organizing campaigns, including the 2020-2021 International Union Election.
- Develop activist leaders, build grassroots organization, help reformers run for local union office, and spread the reform movement.
- Organize TDU meetings, educational workshops and trainings (virtual and in-person), regional TDU conferences and the national TDU Convention.
- Previous organizing experience.
- Commitment to building a progressive labor movement.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills. (Desktop publishing, website management and digital organizing skills a plus.)
- Willingness to work hard in a cooperative style.
- Ability to organize with workers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Health insurance.
- Generous paid vacation.
Send resume and a cover letter to [email protected]