Teamsters for a Democratic Union (TDU) is a grassroots movement of Teamster members that networks and develops member activists and organizes to build union power from the bottom up. TDU helped elect new leadership Sean O’Brien as Teamster General President and is working in coalition with the new leadership of our International Union.
We are seeking an experienced, committed organizer for upcoming campaigns, including the UPS contract fight which may lead to a strike on August 1, 2023.
This is a full-time organizing position out of our New York City or Detroit office. Exceptionally well qualified candidates may be considered for remote work.
- Build relationships with and support the organizing of worker activist leaders
- Work on TDU campaigns, including the 2023 UPS Contract Campaign
- Organize TDU meetings, educational workshops and trainings (virtual and in-person), regional TDU conferences and the national TDU Convention
- Help worker leaders run for local union office and build the reform movement
- Work with member leaders to support the TDU Black, Latino, and Women’s Caucuses
- Previous organizing experience
- Commitment to building a progressive labor movement
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to work hard in a cooperative style. Some weekend work and travel comes with the job
- Ability to organize with workers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply
- Salary commensurate with experience, ranging $55,000-60,000/year with an increase in January 2023
- Health insurance
- Generous paid vacation
Send resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Make sure to include how you heard about the position.