Forbes: YRC Acquires One of China's Biggest Carriers

August 21, 2008: Trucking company YRC Worldwide Inc. said Tuesday it has completed its acquisition of one of the largest less-than-truckload carriers in China.

YRC, the largest less-than-truckload carrier in the U.S., said it paid $44.7 million for 65 percent of the stock of Shanghai Jiayu Logistics Co. It plans to buy the remaining 35 percent in 2010 for up to $39 million, depending on the company's performance over the next two years.

Click here to read more at Forbes.

Get Advice Join TDU Donate

Recent News

Zoom Call for IBT Election Volunteers on Saturday, August 14

TDU will hold a national zoom call on Saturday, Aug. 14 for Teamsters who are volunteering to elect the O’Brien-Zuckerman Teamsters United Slate. Join candidates, campaign coordinators and Teamster activists for an update and to make plans to Get Out the Vote and win this fall. Click here to register. 

Central States Assets Fall – But Relief is Coming!

The assets of the Central States Pension Fund fell to $9.8 billion at the end of March, a drop of $573 million in the first quarter.  The fund projects forward that it will pay $2.83 billion in pension benefits this year, while taking in $651 million in employer contributions.

View More News Posts